DON'T WAIT! Register now for the 2017 Convention.
Would you like to exhibit at the 2017 Convention? Click below for more information.
2017 Convention Schedule Pigeon Forge, TN
Wednesday June 21, 2017
7:30am-2:00pm Golf Tournament ($ 60pp or $225 for Foursome)
3:30pm-4:30pm 2016-2017 BOD Meeting
5:00pm-5:30pm Welcome Reception
6:00pm-8:30pm Company Night out/ Staff &Board Dinner
Thursday June 22, 2017
8:00am-11:00am Exhibitor Move-In
8:30am-10:00am Opening Session & Annual Business Meeting/Election
10:00am-10:30am BOD Meeting
10:15am-11:15am Professional Development
1. "Emerging Insurance Exposures and Agency E&O Considerations" by Steve Anderson
2. "Tricks, Traps and Trip-Ups in Cyber Coverages" by Chris Christian (1 of 3)
11:20am-3:00pm Trade show and Luncheon
3:00pm-5:30pm Exhibitor Move-Out
3:15pm-4:15pm Spouse's Social
3:15pm-4:15pm Professional Development
1. "Electronic Document Pitfalls and Exposures" by Steve Anderson
2. "Tricks, Traps and Trip-Ups in Cyber Coverages" by Chris Christian (2 of 3)
4:30pm-5:30pm Professional Development
1. "The Legal Side of Websites and Social Platforms" by Steve Anderson
2. "Tricks, Traps and Trip-Ups in Cyber Coverages" by Chris Christian (3 of 3)
6:30pm-7:30pm Partnership Reception @ Compass Rose
7:30pm- Social Night @ The Island ($15 for all access pass)
8:00pm-10:00pm Dolly's Mountain Family ($45 Adult & $30 Child)
Friday June 23, 2017
7:30am-8:30am Past President’s Breakfast
8:30am-10:30am Professional Development
1. "Position yourself as an Insurance Expert" by Ed Lamont (1 of 2)
2. "Agency Internet Boot Camp: Understanding Today’s Marketplace, Analyzing Agency Operations and the Client Development Process” (CPIA Update 1 of 3) by Steve Anderson
10:30-11:30am Professional Development
1. "Position yourself as an Insurance Expert" by Ed Lamont (2 of 2)
2. “Agency Internet Boot Camp: Being visible and Accessible to Serve Clients” (CPIA Update 2 of 3) by Steve Anderson
11:15am-11:30am Past President’s meeting
11:30am-1:15pm General Session/CPIA Luncheon
1:30pm-3:30pm Professional Development
1. “The 21st Century P&C Advisor – Advising commercial clients on exit planning” by Jeff Janes
2. “Agency Internet Boot Camp: Diagnosing Your Agency’s Questionnaires, Procedures, Automation, and Responsiveness” (CPIA Update 3 of 3) by Steve Anderson
3:30pm-4:30pm Closing Session/Awards/ President’s Reception
6:00pm-9:00pm Presidents’ Dinner at the Titanic ($50 Dinner or $70 Dinner & Tour)
Music Road Inn is within walking distance to the Convention Center, which is also apart of the the resort. It is in the heart of Pigeon Forge, walking distance from Smith Family Dinner Theater and Hannah's Maze of Mirrors. This family-friendly hotel is within close proximity of Castle Of Chaos and Hollywood Wax Museum. Grab a trolley right outside the doors to head into the town.
Location: 303 Henderson Chapel Rd, Pigeon Forge, TN, 37863
The hotel is SOLD OUT!
Please call the PIA office for more information at 615-771-1177.
The PIA has many fun activities and events planned for the 2017 Convention. Some include the Island in Pigeon Forge for a social event, and the Titanic Museum for the Presidents' Dinner.
Bringing the family? Or needing to cool off in the summer heat? Enjoy a discount to Dollywood and Splash Country by using these designated codes between the dates of 6/19-6/25.